Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The 30-day 'No Supermarket' Challenge

I came up with the idea for this challenge on the weekend that I decided to switch around my food cupboards (pantry?) ...and discovered that there was mutiny afoot in my very kitchen.


So many THINGS... things I had forgotten I had, others I don't even remember buying.


Upon sorting out my unholy mess of condiments, pasta in every size, colour and shape, package upon package of every kind of bean under the sun and a whole lot of other unmentionables, I ended up throwing away loads of food that was waaaaaay past its expiration date.


This kind of made me feel guilty.




Then, I tackled the fridge. 



Euch. Another fine mess.



So, I decided to get creative and for the next 30 days I will do my best to refrain from buying any more food and just try to come up with new recipes to turn all this edible crap I have lying around, into actual, healthy meals.


Let's just hope I still have a fiancé in 30 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment